2011年5月21日 星期六

An attempt at a movie review: On Stranger Tides

3 POSTS IN A ROW.
Damnit, do I have nothing better to do?

ANYWAY...

I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides last night! :)

The captains :)


Its only until now that I've been starting to think about the movie. Last night, at 12 am, I was way too drained of all my thought juice and couldn't really think properly :P

It was...uhh...a pretty ehh..err..movie..

Yup, that's exactly how anyone would describe it.
It was an entertaining movie, but I feel like it just wasn't very good.

I do prefer Penelope Cruz over Keira Knightley, but she didn't seem very special in the movie, or was it just me? In fact, she was rather annoying.

Her character was called Angelica, a horrible name if you ask me . 


I don't know why, but I feel like there wasn't actually a bad guy in the movie. In the first movie, it was Barbossa. The second and third movie it was the British guy. In this movie, it was Blackbeard? His evilness wasn't even made that clear in the movie. Plus, he was Angelica's (Penelope Cruz) father? Hm...

I would rate this movie 6.5 out of 10. It has entertainment, action, and special effects, but it lacks substance, a logical plot, and characters.

There was a new pair of star-crossed lovers, the Christian boy and the mermaid (haha strange huh?). I found their lovey dovey - ness really awkward, unrealistic, and sudden. What happened to them anyway? Did the mermaid eat him?



Thanks for reading, 

Love,

Miss Unconditionally Moilicious 

1 則留言: