2011年5月24日 星期二

Keeping up with Kpop - SNSD vs 2NE1

Whenever I view a 2NE1 video, without a doubt the comment section is always loaded with comparisons with SNSD. Surprisingly, these comments are always the most thumbed up and get the most attention. :/ What's up with that? Comparing 2NE1 to a more popular girl group like SNSD only shows insecurity about the validity of their own favorites. It actually gets quite a bit annoying after a while, and after time, I have grown annoyance towards blackjacks and 2NE1 fans in general = = In all honesty, I used to like 2NE1 way more than I do now and this is all the result of SNSD and 2NE1 comparisons :(


2NE1
                                                                         VS

SNSD



Before you read this, I want to let everyone know that I am not trying to defend SNSD in any way, even though I might seem like it. Although I do prefer SNSD, I like 2NE1 very much also. I might be a bit cynical and harsh below, it's because I'm fed up with comparisons. 






Let me break the subject of comparison down for ya

Blackjack (2NE1 fan): Omigosh, 2NE1 is way more talented and better than SNSD
Sone (SNSD fan): You call abuse of auto tune talent?
Blackjack: At least 2NE1 aren't a bunch of plastic barbies. 2NE1 actually makes meaningful music.
Sone: Are you stating that none of the 2NE1 members have had cosmetic surgery? ahem BOM ahem.
         And you honestly call "CLAP YOUR HANDS! I WANT TO ROCK YOUR BODY!" meaningful
         music?
Blackjack: Are you so deluded with your SNSD fandom that you fail to see how much better 2NE1 is than SNSD?

And it goes on......


Seriously guys,

What's all the fighting about anyway?
Analyze your words, reflect on your actions. What was the point of all this?

First of all, 2NE1 and SNSD are completely different. 2NE1 is westernized in every way and makes music with "the independent woman" theme. SNSD is much more oriented towards the Asian audience and makes cuter and less intense music.

Second of all, 2NE1 and SNSD are equally talented. It's impossible to compare the two because as mentioned above, they are so evidently different in expressing their musical talents.

BEWARE 
HERE COMES THE FUCKING IMPROPER LANGUAGE! :) yup, i know you get it.

Finally, although each individual is entitled to their own opinion and is permitted to develop their own personal taste, you don't have to let the whole world know about yours. No one fucking cares. You can state nicely how you prefer 2NE1 over (insert group) and show respect to the other group. But I just hate it when people downgrade SNSD just because they want 2NE1 to get more attention and gain fans.


So yeah...
As you can see, I'm pretty fucking tired of these useless haters who call themselves honorable blackjacks.


What.The.Fucking.Hell.




Have a a nice COMPARISON FREE day,

Miss Unconditionally Moilicious

沒有留言:

張貼留言