2011年5月23日 星期一

Essential by Dr. Kao - Ultra Honey & Shea Butter Hair Mask Review

The last time I visited my local drugstore, I had picked up the Essential hair mask, which I had heard many good things about from my friends and the internet (hehe) :)



This hair mask comes in two types: Nuance Airy (pink) and Rich Premier (orange)

I went ahead and got the Rich Premier (the orange one), which supposedly makes your hair shiny and softer. If you know me, one of my greatest dreams is to have a ridiculously silky and shiny mane :). So naturally, I chose the one that would make my hair develop these qualities.

OKAY, let's get on with my review <3

Packaging: I was instantly attracted to its adorable packaging and the colors of the containers. Pink and Marigold have to be one of my favorite colors :D Although I would prefer a sleek and sophisticated packaging for a hair mask, the cuteness of these containers really won me over. 

Smell: This has to be the best part of the hair mask. The smell is just so rich and sweet - everything that I could wish for the smell of my favorite hair mask. :) The orange one is supposed to smell like sunflowers and fruitiness I believe and surprisingly, it smells even better than that. I would describe the smell in three words: Fruity. Rich. Delicious. 

Application + Directions on the back: The directions on the back of the product were pretty straightforward and I had no problems figuring out how to use the hair mask. Even though I already knew how...hehhe...= = 
There wasn't anything special with the texture of the hair mask. It's slimy, but not sticky, which means that you won't have any problems getting all the hair mask on your palm and fingers onto your hair. :) 


THEN... after drying my hair 

(drumroll)

Instant Results: The instant results for this product were surprisingly evident. After I had dried my hair, I found it much easier to manage and indeed silkier. :O

Over-time Results: After a few more times using this product, my hair did become rather shiny at times. As expected, this mask doesn't really do much "repair" to my hair, it just makes my hair silkier and shinier, which is an effect that wears off if you stop using this hair mask. 

OVERALL, I was really satisfied with this product. I would give it a 8.5/10. Even though it doesn't really heal my hair, it was a good investment, considering it only cost like...7 or 8 USD. I definitely recommend it for people who aren't planning to splurge on expensive hair treatments and really just want a little extra shine.


Click HERE for some information on the hair mask
If you don't live in Asia, I don't think you can get this though :(





Have a nice hair day and thanks for reading,

Miss Unconditionally Moilicious <3









沒有留言:

張貼留言